Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Trip to the dentist

Abby fell at daycare on Thurs July 9th around 3:17pm. They were playing outside and getting ready to line up to come back in. She was near the sidewalk and literally tripped on her own 2 feet. Her teacher was right there and scooped her up. Unfortunately she fell face first! She chipped her front tooth (very small). The bigger injury was the attachment under her lip was ripped and bled for about 1 1/2 hrs.

I called the pediatric dentist before I left the office thinking "I won't over react". Until I realized what she had ripped. I called the dentist again and he agreed to see us. The office was already closed for the weekend but he agreed to wait for us. Long story short, she's fine. In fact she's already healed up. The boo-boo on the outside of her lip is gone already too.

She actually cried when we LEFT the dentist! I called and made an appt for the follow-up the Dr recommended yesterday. The receptionist tried to schedule us for another Dr but since we had such great luck w/the previous one I didn't want to test it. We're going back to see Dr. Dave!

I was too freaked out to take pictures. I'll resume pictures on happier moments later...

1 comment:

Jenny Lo said...

thank goodness she's ok- and a tough one! how did u know it was exactly at 3:17pm? wow.